Sunday 16 May 2021

2021 - May - The Word is Murder by and with Anthony Horowitz

The thing that pleased me when I finished is noting on the inside back cover that this was the first in a series of books about this detective. The story is first person around an author who is to follow a difficult detective and write about his work on a murder case. It is very different from other crime stories. Towards the end I found myself thinking that all the clues had been there but I had missed them, just like the author in following Hawthorn around. It would have helped if I knew Hamlet better, but I am more familiar with the scottish play. I enjoyed it. My mark 9?

On Fantastic Fiction it shows that he is a prolific author of all sorts of books.
These are the Hawthorn books.





Started the second book. Hawthorn shows up on a movie set and drags the author away. Very much a continuation with comments about the first book  not yet on sale and Hawthorn still doesn't like the title. 

  




No comments:

Post a Comment