Tuesday 23 April 2024

2024-April - Billy Connolly Windswept and Interesting, his Autobiography

 Me: 27 chapters that are sort of like he says his shows are - unscripted and wander from one topic to another. Chapters are not too long, and you get a feel for the things that he has done in his life, the ups and downs. I enjoyed reading it, but can't say that I learned anything useful. At one point I thought that I was reading someone else's autobiography while my life was going on.   Give it a 6?

P: I really enjoyed Billy Connolly and read the whole book in a Scottish accent!!  You probably have to like the guy in the first place, which I very much do, and I found it fascinating to learn more about his back story.  It left me with great feelings of admiration for all he's achieved and marvelling at the humility he seems to have maintained in spite of his fame, and also his respect for others (except those who need a punch in the face!!).

It's hard to score, but based on entertainment, I'd give it a 7.5.

We thought that the chapters devoted to name dropping were  boring, but otherwise it was pleasant to read.

It was a good discussion around a wide range of topics that kept on coming back to the book. The marks ranged from 5 to 8, and averaged at 6.9.


No comments:

Post a Comment